Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mike52  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2019 10:35:05(UTC)
mike52

hi all. i am looking to apply for a H&S role. however i do not hold a realistic chance with the promotion ulture in my company. all previous internal vacancies have been decided prior to advertising the role. this i know for fact not hearsay. so any advice on changing minds would be most welcome. i do have a nebosh general cert and worked in various roles in the company for years. thanks mike
peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2019 12:58:27(UTC)
peter gotch

Mike - what potential role were you thinking that you might be suitable to apply for?

You haven't given us any information about the type of organisation you work for nor what you have done within it to give us any idea as to whether a NEBOSH Certificate might be an appropriate bar for your employer to consider setting for any H&S role within the business.