Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Adrian Lancs  
#1 Posted : 06 May 2019 10:18:03(UTC)
Adrian Lancs

Hi All - Just after some feedback from anyone with any knowledge of the above course (either from a personal perspective or know someone that is doing/done it). I have a place and funding sorted, just need to send off the deposit to officially book on to the course. I am able to complete in 2 years which I am aware will be a big ask on my time as I work 45 hours per week.

Any feedback welcome both on course content/expectations and time management tips. Thanks.

Clark34486  
#2 Posted : 07 May 2019 08:03:00(UTC)
Clark34486

I always find this interesting, I'm genuinely interested in the views and this would certainly help me to understand.

What do you (sic) get from an MSc is it purely for self or does it make a difference in terms of progression and pay scale?

George_Young  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2019 13:57:51(UTC)
George_Young

I am doing my MSc just for purely for myself, I left school with one GCSE, so getting to an MSc stage within 3 years has been a massive achievement for me.

my role does not require it, I have seen maybe one or two roles, which request it, but not many.

Dude7777  
#4 Posted : 09 May 2019 08:04:17(UTC)
Dude7777

I can recommend the MSc course at Strathclyde University.  I completed upto the PG Dip and found the course material challenging but very enjoyable.  The tutors are very helpful.  You do 500 word assignments every week and additional 3000 word essays every few Months.  The deadlines are tight but achieveable.