Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lauralou  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2020 20:27:18(UTC)
Lauralou

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? Am thinking of going for Chartered status but feel I need support with this process. Can anyone suggest a training provider or some good tips to get me started. Thanks
thanks 1 user thanked Lauralou for this useful post.
UKCG73@GMAIL.COM on 06/01/2020(UTC)
bxuxa  
#2 Posted : 06 January 2020 00:30:11(UTC)
bxuxa

Hi there.

First, you need to understand what route will you will take to during the IPD process. 

There are 3 routes, you can find more in here https://www.iosh.com/membership/professional-development/ipd/

there is a lot of guidance on each route.

Commun to all is the need of having an updated CPD.

Your local IOSH Branch might have someone to help you. 

Tastyshrimp  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2020 10:55:27(UTC)
Tastyshrimp

Hi Lauralou,

IOSH have launched a mentoring website where mentees can contact mentors to help with all sorts of things, including the journey to Chartered status. If you're interested in this, I would suggest getting in touch with IOSH so that they can explain the process to you. Or, your local IOSH branch or group might already have mentors 'on the books', so worth asking your branch / group Chair too. Local might be better if you think you would benefit from face-to-face contact as well as Skype / email.

There is loads of advice on this forum as well, just search 'IPD', 'CMIOSH', 'Chartered' etc. and you will find lots of posts that might be helpful.

I have just gained CMIOSH and registered as a mentor so if you have no luck locally you are more than welcome to get in touch and I'll see if I can help :-)

bxuxa  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2020 13:14:35(UTC)
bxuxa

Hi Tastyshrimp,

Could you please share the website.

Thanks.

craigroberts76  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2020 10:41:34(UTC)
craigroberts76

Originally Posted by: bxuxa Go to Quoted Post

Hi Tastyshrimp,

Could you please share the website.

Thanks.

If you're a registered IOSH member you should have received an email from them explaining the mentor role, I've enrolled with one today to help with my CMIOSH