Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobertD  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2021 18:44:15(UTC)
RobertD

Hi, I undertook an NVQ Level 4 qualification a number of years ago along with other NEBOSH courses and successfully obtained my CMIOSH. I have been asked by a potential employer what the equivelent qualification would be in respect of todays qualification framework. Foe the role it needs to be level 6. has anyone come across this dilema previously and what would the current qual be. 

rs10  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2021 09:35:49(UTC)
rs10

For Level 6 equivilent you would be looking at NVQ Level 6 (ProQual or C&G), NCRQ Diploma (RQF Level  6) or PgCert (Level 7)

peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2021 12:31:56(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Robert

The academic criterion for Grad IOSH and then CMIOSH has not changed.

What is changed is how VQs are accredited against the European Qualifications Framework.

As I understand it your old Level 4 NVQ would now count as a Level 6 qualification.

Note that there are also differences in how different VQs sit on the EQF framework. So an SVQ does not = an NVQ against the EQF.

Shopland23872  
#4 Posted : 24 August 2021 08:14:13(UTC)
Shopland23872

I did the old NVQ L4 in 2007, which as others have correctly stated is now classed as a level 6 qualification.

This was enough UKAS points to allow me to enrol on my MSc course, without having to do a PGcert, which I graduated from two years ago.

Edited by user 24 August 2021 08:14:53(UTC)  | Reason: Typo