Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2000 18:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By gavin leatherbarrow I am looking to move into a career in health and safety. Can anyone help? I have over a years experience as a health and safety rep for a large leisure service, and also hold - - the NEBOSH Certificate - the IOSH Managing the Environment Cert - First Aid Instructors Certificate - Defib and Airway Management Cert I live in North Yorkshire. ANy advice or help would be most welcome. GAVIN
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2000 21:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin R. Bessant Gavin, I suggest that you keep looking at the THSP job pages for local authority and similar positions. They are often looking for H & S practitioners with the Certificate level qualification to start their careers. You will however need to consider going for the NEBOSH Diploma part 1 or an NVQ 3 qualification to ensure that you are better equipped for a career in h & s. Having been a safety representative will be of assistance, in that you already will have some basic skills to offer an employer. The best of luck. Martin Bessant.