Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 April 2001 16:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Jones INTRANET VACANCIES Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor Department: Safety Group Location: North East Area Reporting to: Group Safety Manager Job Purpose: As part of the ntl Safety Group provide support to managers in the developing, promoting and monitoring safe working practices throughout ntl’s operations in the North East area but based at home. JOB SPECIFIC KEYS: The adviser is expected to work very independently, arranging his/her schedule and resources to meet the needs of the managers in the area within the general framework of policies of Safety Group .In particular this will involve:  Training - Safety Group deliver a lot of short courses directly, co-operate in the induction programme, and act as agents and helpers for the training department in relation to safety-specific courses.  Supporting projects - ntl Safety Group are normally involved in the planning of major projects and are expected to help and support project managers  Inspections - Normal safety checks and inspections are the responsibility of local managers, but the adviser is expected to join in with or instigate some of these and both help with prioritisation of problems and help find cost effective solutions  Local liaison with enforcing agencies  Consultation - Encourage promote and direct the safety consultation process and liase with and support safety representatives (in some parts of ntl there is a recognised Trades Union)  Auditing and monitoring.  Safety Group also assists the Environment Manager, the adviser will be expected to support his work and initiatives locally. AREA KEYS: 1. Influencing 8 2. Motivating 7 3. Commercial Awareness 5 4. Resilience & Tenacity 6 5. Approachability 8 6. Advisory Expert 9 7. Consultant 9 8. Professional Values 7 ntl: Core Keys: 1. Communication 2. Planning and Organising 3. Problem Solving 4. Team Work 5. Customer Service 6. Self Development 7. Process & Systems Awareness Qualifications and Experience:  NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety or equivalent.  A minimum of 2 years experience in industry.  Experience of delivering Health & Safety training. Anyone who wishes to be considered for this position should submit an up to date CV or Application form to the Human Resources department. Please ensure that your line manager is informed that you are applying for this position. CONTACT NAME: Name: Paul Jones address: ntl House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hants RG27 9UP Tel: 01256 752724 or 07974 140466 Fax no: 01256 752368 Email: paul.jones@ntl.com Closing Date: Friday 25th May 2001
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2001 09:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Tweedy Please could you send me some details about this vacancy. I am currently employed as a HSE officer on Teesside and am looking to develop and enhance my career as a HSE officer.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2001 15:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Jones The post will cover the following areasKirklees, shefield Notts,grimsby and Lincoln.- it has changed from the N East due to reorg in our safety Group. Wages between 20-27 K with regard to experience etc. Car- Vauxhall Astra estate.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2001 12:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Jones Thank you for those of you who sent me a cv. I am now closing for applications. interviews will take place week beginning Monday 11 June.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2001 21:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Tyerman If you are still looking for a Health & Safety Position within the North East and have a working knowledge of C.D.M Please contact me.