Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2000 10:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey
The EmploymentNTO are currently reveiwing the national vocational standards for health and safety. These standards include General Safety, Regulation, Radiation and Occupational Hygiene and are the standards against which those undertaking an SVQ or NVQ qualification are assessed.
The revision includes a consultation process which is currently underway. Details are available on www.empnto.co.uk. It is vital that those involved in the practice of health and safety make input into this consultation. These standards are the yardstick against which IOSH membership grades are assessed.
IOSH will be running a series of focus groups to give feedback. If you would like to be involved in one of these please contact me at HQ. Individual feedback is also sought.

Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2000 14:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Waldram
As President, I urge you to personally review the empNTO drafts and comment, both positively and negatively, as you judge appropriate from your experience of the competences you use/need. It is extremely important that a wide range of practitioners make inputs, looking for what is possibly missing, as well as commenting on what is included.

Of course you should comment direct to empNTO, but feel free to also copy Hazel if you can't attend one of the planned Focus Sessions (hazel.harvey@iosh.co.uk). As part of the Corporate Plan 2000 we desire to use the final, agreed national OSH Practitioner competences within IOSH - therefore it's up to us to make sure they meet our needs!

If you are NOT an IOSH member please feel free to comment too, but make it clear you are doing so as a non-member. I suggest that detailed comments go direct to Hazel via e-mail, but more generic issues are posted for all to see. I look forward to seeing both types of comment.