Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 October 2000 19:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By STEVE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REASSURE ME AS IM STARTING TO WORRY. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS COURSE AND HAD TO HAVE MY WORKPLACE RISK ASSESMENT PAPER IN BY JULY 15TH THIS WAS PRESENTED ON TIME {THE PERSONS ON THIS COURSE ALL AGREED TO THIS DATE,SO THAT THEY COULD BE SENT OF TOGETHER}. WHILST I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THESE SORT OF COURSES ARE BEING DONE ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY I STILL THINK THAT TO STILL BE WAITING FOR RESULTS IS A BIT MUCH. I SAT FOR MY NEBOSH CERT.{RE-EXAM} AFTER THIS COURSE AND HAVE RECEIVED MY RESULTS BACK WAY BEFORE THE IOSH COURSE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME POINTERS AS TO THIS,AS MY MONEY WAS WANTED BY 31.5.00 I HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH ENDLESS TIMES WITH THE COURSE PROVIDER BUT KEEP GETTING FOBBED OF WITH THE SAME EXCUSE ABOUT HOW BUSY THE EXAM MARKERS ARE. IT SEEMS THAT NOT ONLY IS THERE A STRESS OF SITTING THE EXAMS IN HEALTH&SAFETY BUT A BIGGER ONE AWAITING YOUR RESULTS. BEGINNING TO WANDER IF SUCH COURES ARE AS IMPORTANT AS THEY ARE MADE OUT TO BE,IF SO HOW ABOUT KEEPING PERSONS AWAITING RESULTS POSTED{EVEN IF ITS A LETTER TO INFORM YOU OF THE BACKLOG OF EXAMS TO MARK} SORRY TO ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT IVE COME ACROSS HARSH BUT WHEN YOUR MONEY HAS GONE AND YOUR STILL WAITING 4MNTHS SEEMS TO BE ABIT OF A **** TAKE. STEVE
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2000 21:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Steve, In my previous company I organised quite a few IOSH Managing Safely courses for Managers and Supervisors. Once the written exam was completed the candidates had 28 days in which to submit their project work. Once this is complete it should not take more than a few weeks to receive the results as the course provider marks the exam not IOSH. Occassionally IOSH will randomly sample some exam papers of various course providers to monitor fairness and consistency of marking. Even if your exam was one of those requested by IOSH for checking it should not delay the course organiser from issuing your results. I would suggest that you have been given 'The Run Around' and you should contact the IOSH training department and give the name and contact details of your course provider and the date you sat the exam. Ask IOSH to investigate the problem and request that they (IOSH) relay the results of their investigation to you. Hope this is of some use. Good luck. Regards, Paul Craythorne