Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2000 15:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip L I am researching 'the effects of employee consultation/participation on workplace health & safety' - Can anyone help with suggested info sources, statistics, best practice, views etc..
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2000 16:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Budworth Dear Phillip, The TUC have done some work on this that showed that employers with safety reps are twice as safe as those without. This also co incides with the fact that you are twice as liklely to be injured in a SME than in a large company. Given that the larger companies tend to be the ones with safety reps they may be reporting the same data in a different way. I don't know how throughly they analysed the stats to take in to account size of company. Try either the TUC website or try E mailing Otudor@tuc.org Good luck with the research ! Best Regards Neil
Admin  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2000 16:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Philip, I have been gathering research material for the last module (project) of my NTU Diploma in OSHEM, since July, look at page 6 on this discussion forum (CONSULTATION) and you can see the response I received from this website. Presently 425 hits and 9 responses (APATHY)MAYBE!,if you would like some ideas or pointers as Neil gave you, drop me a line at work, before noon on any day. 0191-4109653 Regards Martin Knox TechSP.