Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 November 2000 20:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne
Hi all,

Thought it was about time I asked for some advice instead of giving it.

The company I have recently joined (3 days ago) is an American owned company. Before I arrived they embarked on a programme of risk assessment as defined by their corporate overlords.

The method used is the Kinney method. I have never come across this before, and having looked at it in some detail, I have concluded that it is the most over complicated, confusing system I have ever seen.

Has anyone else used/come across this method before and if so, what are your thoughts/comments?

Regards,

Paul
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 November 2000 23:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker
Hi Paul,
I was wondering how you were doing.
I would have thought there was some stuff on the american internet sites, however I guess you have already checked these.Don't IOSH have a special relationship with the USA equivalent?? I'll contact a friend of mine who works for a client company to see if he can suggest anything. If you do find out please let us all know.
Regards
Jim
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 November 2000 16:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Phil Roberts
Paul There is an American company called Kinney Williams and Associates which audit internet bank sites. They use the method of answering a series of questions with yes or no tick boxes and no futher explanation or reason given for the answers so the outcome is black and white , no grey areas. I don't know if this is what is meant by the Kinney method but if you find out any more let me know Regards Phil