Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2001 23:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Jenns I would be pleased to hear from anybody who has used COSHH essentials - any difficulties experienced? There seems to be so little written about them!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2001 15:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Parkinson Paul Just come across your question. I have used COSHH Essentials for organisations where they don't have a lot of chemicals or where they are straight forward in terms of the risks. I have had to modify the format slightly to ensure that it would be considered "sutable and sufficient" such as adding action section with signature etc when completed and also review dates etc. In general it is quite useful and relatively quick. Would like some more reference sheets to cope with some of the situations as in some cases it has recommended containment which was not reasonably practicable in the circumstances. Still think on the whole it does give some organisations a suitable system but it is not useful in some industry sectors Regards Bill