Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 August 2001 19:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Taylor Can any one tell me were I can find the latest up date on this and the roll to be placed at Directorship level Regards John
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 August 2001 21:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson John, Most safety magazines seem to be covering this in depth as present. The proposed new safety bill has taken a back seat and seems to be in some doubt, as Rail Safety seems to be at the forefront of the Governments mind at the minute. HSE has published a Code of Practice for Directors, and is a free publication available for download from www.hsebooks.co.uk Regards, Nick
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2001 07:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack If you mean the Health and Safety Commissions Directors' Responsibilities for Health and Safety', it's guidance not a code of practice.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 20 August 2001 08:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Please note that I did not say "approved" code of practice. Nick
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 August 2001 09:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack I did
Admin  
#6 Posted : 20 August 2001 10:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis John Gerard Forlin at the recent UMIST conference indicated that his questioning of the responsible minister recently puts this off until the session commencing at least 2002. It will not be this year unless a radical change occurs. Bob
Admin  
#7 Posted : 20 August 2001 13:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi The British Safety Council had organised a conference on Corporate Killing on 13th June 2001. Amongt the speakers was the new Home Office Minister, Keith Bradley The indications are that the government is keen to press ahead, but there was no indication on the time scale from the minister. There were officials from the Home Office—they implied (on the basis on the responses etc to the home office consulation) that it will be approximately 18 months . The other speakers were Gwyn Hughes, Executive Vice President Corporate Development, P & O Cruises plc, Sir Micheal Latham-Chairman –Wilmott Dixon, Steven Francis-Partner-Litigation, DLA. Details of what the speakers had to say are on the British Safety Council website. (Select About Us-Campaigns-Corporate Killing, Accident or Crime,Conference speeches). Unfortunately, the Minister’s speech is not on the website, but can be ordered from BSC