Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 August 2001 08:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson This is an idea being pushed by unions, and seems, on the face of it, an excellent idea. Has anyone got any experience of it working in practice, or are the sheets deface by employees? Any info would be useful. Nick
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 August 2001 09:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods I have info on bodymapping and experiance of carrrying out surveys. Contact me by email or on 01535 664462 for more info. Robert Woods
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 September 2001 14:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nicky I must be ignorant, but what is body mapping, can you tell me? Bluebellhouse@cs.com regards Nicky
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2001 17:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Nicky, I'm not an expert in this, so don't quote me. I believe its mainly used in jobs where there is a risk of Upper Limb Disorders. A picture of a body is placed on a noticeboard or wall. Workers on that particular job mark on the chart where they are having problems or pains by a coloured marker or a pushpin. This builds a picture of where most problems are occurring. I'm sure Bob can tell you more. Nick
Admin  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2001 13:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Stumbled across this website thought it might be of interest ? Regards Lee. http://www.pcs.org.uk/hs/briefings/bodymap.htm
Admin  
#6 Posted : 09 October 2001 17:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Becky Allen Hazards magazine has published a lot of excellent work on body mapping and risk mapping. Much of it is available on their web site at www.hazards.org/factsheets.htm Becky Allen Occupational Health Review
Admin  
#7 Posted : 09 October 2001 20:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Julie Woolley Local Metropolitan Borough Authority - GMB Health and Safety Rep pilotted Sewer Workers within our Engineering Services Unit. Excellent results which enabled Managers to progress. The Rep was able to complete the mapping via one to one discussion with each employee. Confirmed back and arm muscular issues plus neck/shoulders are major health issues for Sewer workers. Would encourage TU reps with management support.