Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 September 2001 16:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Darren Honeyford Hi I was wandering if anyone could help me, I don't want to re-invent the wheel, I have put some rough guidance notes together for managers to help when assisting an employee complete a self assessment form, but it is little longer than I would like, if anyone has already a short (one pager or even stretching to two) guide is there a possibiltiy of taking a look or can anyone point me in the direction where I can go to look at guidance for managers on this subject (elsewhere other than The DSE ACOP)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2001 18:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Usdaw may be able to help you, I believe that the Co-Op have a regognition agreement with them. Why re-invent the wheel when you can use a union wheel? Ashley
Admin  
#3 Posted : 28 September 2001 08:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt Sadly, my organisation's questionnaire is very long. What I do have are three single page documents that I wrote, all of which are potentially useful to both managers and users. - A summary of the minimum requirements for a DSE work station. - Troubleshooting a work station (i.e. a list of possible causes of backache, etc. - Advice to DSE users - what they should and should not do. Interested? Jane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 September 2001 08:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Darren Honeyford Jane Many thanks & yes I am interested, if pos could you e-mail the three page guidance to darren.honeyford@co-op.co.uk, again many thanks I might be able to return the favour one day! Darren
Admin  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2001 19:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Stephan Harper of the Leeds Occupational Health Project has just written an excellent book on the safe use of VDU's I am fairly sure single copies are free. It's a five minute read and should provide the info a manager will need when performing DSE risk assessments. His number is 0113 294 8222 Hope this helps. Bob Woods