Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2003 16:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Broom
(Factory and Construction)

An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to further their career in a challenging and dynamic environment. The successful applicant will be based at Westhill (near Aberdeen) and should have at least 3 years relevant work experience. Applicants will ideally have TechSP grade of IOSH, hold the NEBOSH Part 1 Diploma (or be willing to study for it); the NEBOSH Construction Certificate would also be an advantage. Computer literacy, good communication skills and a driving licence are essential.

A competitive salary and benefits package will reward the successful applicant. Further details can be obtained from Nick Broom, Group Health & Safety Manager on 01224 747522 or send a CV to:

Vicky Duncan, Personnel Administrator,
Stewart Milne Timber Systems,
Peregrine House, Mosscroft Avenue, Westhill Business Park,
Westhill, Aberdeen AB32 6JQ
Tel: 01224 747401

Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2003 22:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By paul baker

Dear Sir,
I believe that I am a suitable candidate for this job. Health and Safety has always been my main interest in all previous employment. To this day, I have endeavoured to attain both qualifications and experience in all aspects of this subject.
Currently, I am completing the Nottingham Trent Diploma in Health, Safety and Environmental Management. In addition, I hold a Hygiene Certificate and am a qualified First Aider.
I am an experienced communicator and teacher. I currently lecture at Deeside Collage in Fire and Safety.
I am also a good listener, who can act upon information received. I have good problem solving skills and am computer literate.
In my eighteen years as a Fire Officer and five years as a Health and Safety Consultant in a Pharmaceutical Company, I dealt with fire safety and health safety in all types of environments. I have learned to work productively and effectively use my initiative, as part of a team or independently, whichever the situation called for. This has given me good leadership, motivational and man management skills. I am also aware of the importance of seeing a job through to its conclusion.
My most important attributes are that I am honest, reliable and a good timekeeper. I have a current, full and clean Driving Licence. Outside of the working environment, my main interests are keeping fit, squash and photography.