Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 January 2004 14:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Hatson Dear All, I currently hold the NEBOSH certificate with credit alongside other Safety qualifications and courses, and am currently working my way through the NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety Practice with the BSC (Self -funded). I am seeking a full time Health & Safety role within the East Anglia area, yet seem to be getting nowhere very slowly! I have been working within H&S field for the past 7 years, 5 years as Senior Union Safety Rep, and the past 2 years as an Site Operations & Safety Coordinator with a minimum of 60% of my time being spent on Safety matters. Of course I appreciate that I am probably not ready for a H&S Manager position, but I am confident that I would prove very successful in an officer or advisor role, while benefiting greatly from having a mentor that I can learn from at the same time. I have spoken with a few recruitment agents who have been very pleasant but not very productive and really could do with some guidance in what to try next. Any advice or guidance of what or who to try next would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my posting, and for any advice you may be able to offer. Kindest regards, Simon Hatson. AIIRSM
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2004 15:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Simon, Firstly well done on your certificate success. There appears to be very few Assistant / Trainee posts advertised, I think these kind of jobs tend to go to in house personnel after being put through the cert by their employer. The old catch 22 scenario, no job equals no experience, no experience equals no job ! Finish your NVQ 4 apply for MIOSH then apply for jobs within your skills range. Good Luck, it WILL happen eventually, I got my first job in Health and Safety through a colleague on my NEBOSH Diploma Course, sometimes its not what you know...!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 January 2004 10:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Kingston Simon, we are a Utilities division of a major construction company looking to recruit a SHE advisor for the Anglia region, based in Hitchin. Give me a call if you would like to discuss further Robert 07734 595774