Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2001 12:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Matthews Does anyone know where I can obtain this insurance. I do have this Insurance but feel I am paying over the odds as it was arranged through my bank Many Thanks Bob
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 January 2001 12:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Linter I had a similar experience with the insurance costs as my company was initially insured through a bank. When getting quotes for policy renewal I asked a Financial Services company, who are Independent Financial Advisors, for a figure and they came in much cheaper than the bank and we still maintained an identical policy. I would suggest you try this as the flexibility of an IFA should find the best deal for your requirements. Regards, Paul Linter
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2001 13:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Call IOSH and they should be able to give you a list of actual PI insurers as opposed to the banks, IFAs etc who will all get their cut off you in some way. I believe IOSH used to have a 'tie-up' with a particular company. As usual shop around! Regards
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2001 00:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Wade Hi there I have just been quoted £500.00 per year for insurance with a £500.00 excess. If you need details send me a mail.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2001 09:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Sun Alliance was the only outfit giving PI cover specifically for H&S consultants a couple of years ago. I had used them for 15 years. You need at least a million quids worth of cover. P & G Bland are/were brokers with an IOSH relationship, and IOSH can put you in touch. As a guide, don't reckon on paying over £500 for cover for a single person acting as a consultant with 'reasonable' levels of fee income and risk. You can find yourself paying a lot more than this for PI cover arranged through a broker or insurer who does not understand the nature of what is being done and therefore the likelihood of a successful claim against the insured. If they put you in the same category as architects, surveyors and consulting engineers, who all have high levels of claims made against them, you will be paying a lot more than you need to. Hope this helps - based on somewhat dated experience now. Allan
Admin  
#6 Posted : 05 January 2001 15:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Beveridge HI Richard, I would be grateful to receive info on the deal you got! Can you also let me know what sort of pre-requisites there were tp you obtaining the insurance, ie: qualifications, experience etc. Many thanks Best regards Andy
Admin  
#7 Posted : 15 January 2001 13:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Juliet Fennell Sennet Professional Indemnity Ltd. advertise in the SHP. Tel 01227 781200. Juliet