Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 September 2001 11:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie Some readers may not be aware that if you leave the mouse cursor on the "folder" icon at the beginning of the title of each thread, a brief message appears detailing how many times the thread has been viewed. It is sometimes an interesting excercise to run through them all, seeing which threads are arousing the most interest. It is even more interesting to note which threads are not! Sorry if I'm teaching anybody to suck eggs Laurie
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2001 21:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Powell Thanks laurie, someone (cannot remember who) mentioned this in an eralier thread but did not say how to check. You may have started a new craze. may even become as addictive as doom, Naahh. Andrew
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2001 21:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Powell That was fun!! Although I think Nick has been reading his thread often to bump up the figures...anyway, Mr higginson has it.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 September 2001 08:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Overbury Laurie Many thanks for the useful tip. I gathered that there was a way to look at the number of times that a thread had been accessed but I couldn't get it to work for me. Problem now solved! If anybody else has any useful usage tips I'd certainly be pleased to hear them. Tony Overbury
Admin  
#5 Posted : 28 September 2001 10:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett If you want to respond to a person via email instead of posting on the forums, click on their name in blue above the message.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 02 October 2001 16:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Hi, Laurie. Interesting, I never noticed before so had a go.... The thread I started on:Control of Contractors Stuart Nagle | 05.07.01 21:13 GMT was visited 2,238 times. Is this a record? Stuart
Admin  
#7 Posted : 02 October 2001 23:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Sorry Stuart, but I think the title probably belongs to Phil Roberts.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 04 October 2001 14:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Blair This piece of news is indeed remarkable. I have got a good mind to start a thread called : "Health & Safety & Picture of Nude Women" to see how many times it is accessed. Then again I may get the rath of the moderator on me if I do!!
Admin  
#9 Posted : 04 October 2001 19:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Powell Andrew, I would still risk it, it might be even more interesting counting respondents before possible moderator intervention. Any bets from analysts/statisticians out there?
Admin  
#10 Posted : 11 October 2001 12:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster As the heading of each reply, the system produces the text posted by ****** on **.**.2001 **.**GMT in response to ******* There then follows a number which seems to be unique to each contributor - in my case 23. What's the purpose of this number?
Admin  
#11 Posted : 12 October 2001 08:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie John That's a new one on me, but I notice it only appears if you view responses individually. If you "view all responses", which is my normal method, then you don't see it Laurie
Admin  
#12 Posted : 12 October 2001 17:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Website Co-ordinator Hi John, Well spotted. There have been one or two reports of messages cross posting as they were submitted, so this was used to track what was happening. It should be sorted now. Happy surfing, Angela Wheatcroft Website Co-ordinator
Admin  
#13 Posted : 15 October 2001 09:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Andrew, Sorry for the delay, only just read the thread! Reading my own thread?? Do I come across as that sad?? OK, you got me! Nick