Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2001 19:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By joanne davey We are working with a company who employ taiwanese ,does any one know of any literature we could use,particularly for a director explaining their responsibilities.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2001 12:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin R. Bessant Joanne, You might ask the HSE infoline if they have any leaflets in their language. They are on 08760 1545500. Another source of information could be the Embassy of the Taiwanese Government who might be able to suggest interpreters or a translation service. Hope this helps. Martin.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2001 02:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Joanne. Martin has already given you useful leads. Can I ask, are the Taiwnese personnel employed in the UK by the company that you are working with? I am assuming that they are and that you are looking to communicate UK information. If the Company is based in Taiwan and you are looking to communicate UK or European type standards and criteria for products and services, then I suggest that you liaise with the Taiwanese Government direct. See the web site details below. Can I also ask,if the employees are UK based, how does the employer, (the company that you are working with) communicate Employment legislation information, instruction and guidance to these employees. Does the Employer already have a translation provider and access to sources of Taiwanese language advisory material. If you want to get a feel for the Taiwanese home country approach to Safety and Environmental requirements and enforcement; Also of Employment legislation, try www.gio.gov.tw/ If you explore this site and its links you will also get addresses for Taiwans Embassies and represntative bodies in international countries. The London representative office is at 50 Grosvenor Gardens,London, SW1W OEB. Phone 44 - 20 - 7396 - 9152, or e-mail;tro@netcomuk.co.uk Other UK government sources of help and information might be The Department of the Environment, Transport and Regions; The Foreign and Commonwealth office;The Home Office; The Department of Employment. All have web sites and can be accessed through the links from: www.ukonline.gov.uk then at the top right access open gov which gives access A to Z of Government Departments. Hope that this is of some help and that you get what you need. Regards. Ken Urquhart