Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 October 2001 15:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Darren Honeyford Does anyone know where I can find information on any kind of course relating to ergonomics, short 1 day course or 2-3 day course !! Regards Darren
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2001 16:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Darren, There is a three day 'Ergonomics in Practice' course within the IOSH CPD programme. Next running dates are 29-31st October. See elsewhere on the site for more details or contact Zoe Whitehead at The Grange.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2001 18:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Ridd Darren, 'Posturite' are just starting a new 'training courses' side of the business, and I do a one day intro to ergonomics course for them; contact Geoff Fitch on 01323 847777 for details. BIOH (British Institute of Occupational Hygiene) offer a certificated ergonomics course which is run by a number of groups around the country; I know of one in particular (I teach some of it) run by the Robens Institute down at the University of Surrey. The course is 4 and a half days plus exam if wanted, and is run about 4 times a year (the next one is wk beginning 29th October). The Course is set at an introductory level and is entitled is "Ergonomics Essentials"; most students have a thoroughly good week learning about the subject. Finally, Croner used to offer a one day Introduction to Ergonomics course - you could try ringing Louise Martin at Croner (0207 881 1818) to see if it is still available. Alternatively, either phone me on 01483 472050 or email me at john.ridd@ntlworld.com and I can talk/take you through the options. Best of luck,