Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 November 2001 15:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alistair Forsyth Can anyone recommend a good quality training course on the specific h & s aspects of facilities management that would be suitable for a manager based in an office block.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 November 2001 15:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Alistair, I was under the impression that all LSC’s had Safety officers in house? I realise they mainly deal with investigations of providers and accident investigations, but perhaps they could train your staff? If you want to contact me directly I can send you some info on office safety and other things. My number is 01535 664462 or e-mail training@worksafe.org.uk. Perhaps if you’re around the Yorkshire region you’d be interested in attending one of our free courses,funded by the Community Fund. I’ve had people from local government and a couple of NHS Trusts attending and they all enjoyed it. Just because were free doesn’t mean we have no value to an organisation. Ashley
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 November 2001 16:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt I would have thought that almost any consultancy would design a course to meet your needs. Don't be put off by the [length of, and cost of] courses advertised - most people will happily design an off-the-peg course for you. They will even suggest to you what should be covered in it if you don't have any ideas yourself!! Allan