Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2001 16:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey A series of standards relating to mangaing work-related violence are currently being consulted on by the Employment NTO. The drafts of these standards can be found on www.empnto.co.uk. Anyone employed in a sector where this aspect of work is of concern should look at the site and make comments back to EmpNTO. The standards may eventually form part of S/NVQ qualifications but are in fact more than this as they form a framework of good practice standards in the area.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2001 13:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By nattasha freeman Do you have any statistical data on violence at work? I have nearly completed my assignment but need this to "finish the jigsaw" thanks Nattasha
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2001 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Nattasha, I'm afraid I don't have any statistics here. You might like to try the Susie Lamplugh Trust, I believe they do work on this issue. The TUC may also be a good source.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 19 December 2001 02:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin Jones Hazel You may want to check out what the Australians are doing also. The latest Bullying Code provides case studies and risk control measures on identifying violence threats from within and without an organisation. Info is available at http://www.workcover.vic...pages/workplace_bullying Regards Kevin Jones
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 December 2001 09:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By nattasha freeman thank you Kevin Nattasha