Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 December 2001 14:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stephen Eckersley Can anyone point me in the direction for information on the above. Not the technical data but info that would be disseminated to employees for safety puroposes. Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 December 2001 08:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Webber Stephen, You may find some useful information in the CITB publication entitled Construction Site Safety GE 700/20. Construction sites operate on reduced voltages (110v). Other than this try the Institute of Electrical engineers. Kind regards Richard
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 December 2001 09:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Denis Hands I am not quite sure what you mean by 'low voltage directive', however the Institute of Electical Engineers Wiring Regulations (16th edition) defines high voltage as any voltage in excess of 1000v ac. Therefore by implication, low voltage is any voltage less than this, but above 50v ac, below which the voltage is classified as extra low. I hope this helps.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 December 2001 09:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor If it's for informing/training workpeople generally, I would confine myself to the principals found in INDG231 'Electrical Safety and You', the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and the relevant parts of various industry-related HSE publications (such as HSG150 for Construction). Reference to the Low Voltage Directive may be confusing - particularly as it includes 230v ac systems.