Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 February 2002 13:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Carole Bardell I am trying to obtain statistical evidence that using business excellence models has direct results on safety. Have you utilised a business excellence model and found your safety performance has improved (as a direct result of the implementing the EM)? Do you have any evidence of this that could be used in a discussion document? Please could you help or advise me of where to find such eveidence?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 February 2002 14:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Forster Carole - which model are you referring to? I put out a request a few weeks ago. I wanted to know of the experience/anecdotes of any safety personnel who had been involved in EFQM. I have just started to work for a new company who are aiming for EFQM (amongst others!) I got no response and would be interested to hear anything you may glean. Incidentally you will find precious little regarding health and safety and BEM's on the web. EFQM does feature a section on health and safety though. Good luck!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 February 2002 15:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Wilkes Carole, My answer is not directly. I am using a short form BEM to look at the performance of a project I manage. The Project undertakes H&S/OH/Health Promotion interventions in SMEs. If you would lie any details please contact me. Barry Wilkes Workwell Sandwell
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 February 2002 12:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie So that's what BEM stands for! Before I read the thread I had visions of all these holders of the British Empire Medal being at risk from puncture wounds, lightning strikes or nickel allergy! Laurie