Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2002 11:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Charles Ferguson
I work for a large local authority (unitary) and at present risks from client and locations are recorded in a variety of local methods. I am looking to centralise this information in a ‘Corporate Risk Register’ so all authorised users have access to the information.

Does anyone operate or know of an IT system that will provide this? Ideally INTRANET based.

The obvious problem with a ‘Corporate Risk Register’ is the implications of the Data Protection Act does anyone have a procedure to accommodate its requirements.

Grateful for any help provided.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2002 11:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan
Charles

I might be able to help, but I need a little more information from you. I have an associate who designs bespoke databases and this may be the solution for you.

e-mail me with more details or call me on 07802 945017.

Regards

Ciaran
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2002 15:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi
If you are referring to the use of the register for high-lighting risks in properties owned/maintained by the local authority, does it include housing stock which is maintained (repairs & refurbsiments) and its own offices etc?

If you have housing stock, you probably have a repairs appointment system with a full database--then why not use it, but integrate the risk information from it to a central database. You could try contacting the LGA as other local authorities may have similar problems. However, there are implications of having some type of "risk" information with data protection etc.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2002 15:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jayne Freeman
Hello Charles,

A company called Safecode Limited, web address www.safecode.co.uk, have software that incorporates a risk register. However it is NHS based, but you maybe able to adapt it or they may be able to advise.

Hope this is of some help.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2002 07:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Uday
Hi Charles,
We do our own risk register as follows this may help or u can modify as required.

Let me know please.

We have on a A4 size paper 5 colomuns ...and in the the first colomun we have given " Risk " as the heading. In 2nd colomun Threats.3rd colomun are Consequences.4th is Control procedures and the 5th one is Quick emergency procedures.
Trust this helps to do it on yr puter inhouse, should u need any further help please give me a shout.