Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2002 12:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Any Healthcare colleagues have a non clinical accident reporting policy that has undergone scrutiny by the external auditor?? I'll even accept one that hasn't undergone the scrutiny!!! Many thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2002 14:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colan Ash Our reporting policy was examined by an external assessor as part of compliance with the risk management standard. He seemd fairly happy with it. It is a common policy for both clinical & non clinical incidents (we use a single incident form approach), but could easily be ammended for just non clinical. I will be happy to share this with you.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 April 2002 13:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Colan Been trying to e.mail you without success (problem on my hospital's end!). Would you have an electronic version that you could e.mail me please? Was it you rang to talk about violence? Thanks again Bryn
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2002 10:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By steve williamson Sorry Brian, I don't think you'll get a stand alone policy through. The requirement is for a combined procedure. Ours had to pull together accidents, fire, security and clinical and took months of negotiation. This was principally due to the clinicians' insistence on confidentiality v our wish to share knowledge and learn together. I'll share it via snail mail if you wish. Best of luck. Steve
Admin  
#5 Posted : 18 April 2002 15:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Thanks Colan / Steve Steve, strange, but I was also under the impression that they only accept a combined document. I was surprised that they accepted the fact that we had a clinical incident report form and were looking to introduce a non-clinical one (for the reasons you mentioned). Oh well! anything that simplifies things for me is ok Thanks again