Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2002 12:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter
Good afternoon
In a presentation I am to give in a couple of weeks, I want to refer to the need for clear english and, as an example of how not to do it, I want to show an extract from some legislation about the groundnut scheme. The extract I am looking for is a definition, I think, about groundnuts (unground). If anyone has the slightest idea of what I am on about, and where to find what I am looking for, I'd be delighted to hear from you through this forum or directly.

Thanks

Paul Leadbetter
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2002 00:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Addison
I think this is what you are looking for:

Nuts (Unground) (Other than Groundnuts) (Amendment) Order: 'In the Nuts (Unground) (Other than Groundnuts) Order, the expression "nuts" shall have reference to such nuts, other than groundnuts, as would but for this
amending Order not qualify as nuts (unground) (other than groundnuts) by reason of their being nuts (unground).'

Regards

Nigel Addison
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2002 10:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter
Nigel

Thank you very much; that was exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

Paul