Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 May 2002 11:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Dutton Does anybody have or know if there are any published guidelines for pay structures within the H&S field. I know reports exist for directors salaries etc but do they exist for H&S or is it a case of what the employer thinks they can get away with.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 May 2002 12:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Mark, Basically whatever the employer thinks he can get away with. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 May 2002 12:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Mark, I posted a similar question previously, the only pay scales available are LA's scales. Someone should be able to give this info. It might give some comparison. Regards Andrew
Admin  
#4 Posted : 24 May 2002 12:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Plant To be fair to employers, although standard bargaining forces do play a part in salaries, these negotiations tend in the main to be set within specific contexts. Some of the factors which set the context are issues such as technical/skill requirements set against availability of these,the sector in which a potential employer operates,often internal salary structures versus organisational position of post you are applying for. Oh and whether you have ginger hair ! Steve
Admin  
#5 Posted : 24 May 2002 12:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Mark. I seem to recall that IOSH did a survey some time ago, they may be able to help. John
Admin  
#6 Posted : 24 May 2002 13:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick House Hi Steve, What if, like me, hair is fast becoming a rare comodity? Regards Nick.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 24 May 2002 14:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Whittle look in the back issues of SHP, March 2001 issue had an IOSH item titled 'What is your professional value?' Regards, Steve
Admin  
#8 Posted : 24 May 2002 14:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young I e mailed Mark on this but for anyone else interested www.anderselite.com has a salary tracker which states UK max salary for a H&S Manager £40000, Min £23000, average £34928. Comments...
Admin  
#9 Posted : 27 May 2002 11:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie I (and probably many others) wish! Laurie
Admin  
#10 Posted : 28 May 2002 12:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Warne A website called totaljobs.com has a salary checker which comes up with £24,000 as the average for a Health & Safety Manager/Officer. It was difficult to find H&S though, because they've put it under the job category "Secretarial"!