Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2002 17:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Matthew Smith I am currently writing risk assessments specifically for wood working machinery (AS required ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 as applied to Wood Working Machinery.’ I was wondering if anyone could email a copy of their risk assessments or help in any other way as I have limited knowledge with these machines. I am having difficulty in understanding the term ‘specific risks’ for each machine. The machines we are responsbile for are: · Dimension Saw · Cross Cut Saw · Pillar Drill · Wall Saw · Band Saw Is there an exhaustive list of specifc risks I should know about? Any information would be gratefully appreciated be it examples or sources of reference. Kind Regards Mat
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2002 22:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By sitewarden ( PAUL) http://www.allriskmgmt.c...hse/woodwork/hazards.htm this link will give you information sheets on woodworking machines, they are in pdf format. regards Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2002 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Mat I appreciate that you are trying to get the information you need, but be careful about using other people's risk assessments. Risk assessing requires "training, knowlewdge and experience" If you don't have the knowledge it is difficult to assess the risk. I hope I don't sound too patronising - just trying to give a word of caution! Richard