Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 June 2002 20:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Can anyone recommend a video on the use of fork lift trucks in factories - not construction sites. Thanks Geoff
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 June 2002 21:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Geoff, One of the better FLT videos I have come across is called '7 Deadly Sins' and is made by Caterpillar. I believe it is freely available on the market for a very reasonable price. Regards, Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2002 08:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Thanks Paul - any idea of a supplier? Geoff
Admin  
#4 Posted : 20 June 2002 10:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Paul Ordered and delivery tomorrow - got a contact number off the internet. Thanks
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2002 12:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Lumsden Geoff, I am an in house RTITB lift truck instructor / examiner, we stopped using the 7 deadly sins a while back as it is very outdated. There are several good videos on the market that we use and are good teaching and safety aids. 1. Lifting your game, keys to forklift safety. 2. Lift trucks Pallet Movers and trolleys. The website they can bo ordered from is, www.vocam.com Also on the market is a video from ROSPA, Accident Replay. This is actual re-enactment of lift truck accidents and is really good at getting the safety point across, the phone number is 0121 248 2222. Regards, Ian Lumsden
Admin  
#6 Posted : 25 June 2002 16:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Duncan Brown Hi Geoff It would be worth having a look at our video "Lift Trucks Don't Have Accidents".The HSE said it is "One of the best transport safety films we have seen" and Safety Management Magazine's review said "Real life footage of a worker being struck in a warehouse is used to good effect....an excellent video". As you can see from the details on our website www.outtakes.co.uk the video is full of interviews of drivers and pedestrians who have been involved in accidents about how they can change their unsafe acts and their conditions so they can avoid these problems in the future.My contact details are on the website so please let me know if you want a preview. Thanks Duncan