Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2002 11:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Lumb Sorry this request is a bit sad, but does any body know the appropriate volume for a reversing alarm fitted to vehicles. Thanks in anticipation (if so could you reference the source)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2002 11:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis Not so sad! The problem is it is not fixed as far as I know, please feel free to correct. The real answer is to fix it in relation to the relevant ambient noise level in the operating area as this avoids many complaining phone calls from neighbours and to the enforcing authorities concerning noise. Between 5 and 10 Dba is around the figure I aim at. But this does depend again on the likely times of operation. It is not funny at 3 am to be confronted/awoken with such alarms to be told it is only 60dba!! Bob
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2002 12:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By sitewarden ( PAUL) Hi Nigel this link is for a company which makes alarms, depending upon the noise in the work area, this alarm will raise and lower the alarm to suit. http://www.reverseinsafety.co.uk/press8.html I have sent some ifno in the email hope it helps regards Paul