Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2002 15:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Shaun Davis
I am seeking help and assistance in identifying the requirements for traffic safety officers for working on high speed roads:

eg points of contact, organisations, requirements etc etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 July 2002 16:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott
Shaun, can't help with your query but I was just intrigued by the header.
My impression is that once roadworks are in place, they are anything but High Speed!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2002 17:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch
Shaun,

Can you define your question better. Do you mean eg safety of the police, or requirements for ensuring safety of workforce and public.

If the latter covered by various requirements, including supervisor and operative training under New Roads and Street Works Act, "Chapter 8", Code of Practice on Street Works, brand new guidance from DTLR and an overview by "HAWK" (this is not a bird of prey, but some highways authorities, contractors etc may think they are similar).

Regards, Peter
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2002 08:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis
The acronym is actually HAUC - Highways Authority and Utilities Committee. I think you are talking about work on what are normally high speed roads, ie national speed limit roads. The requirements are all under the Scotvec supervisors training for this task. If you are needing training contact a Dave Warburton via 0161 343 2518 and mention nmy name. He will be happy to assist

Bob