Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2002 20:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Can anyone from Yorkshire tell me if Rogerthorpe Manor (where the Yorkshire Branch meets in October) is far from Scarborough? I've been asked to give a talk to the Branch and present prizes at an event in Scarborough on the same day. Is this going to be possible travelling by car? Thanks for your help, Allan (geographically challenged)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2002 08:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Allan, According to Microsoft Autoroute, it's approx 70-75 miles, depending which way you go. Regards, Nick
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2002 08:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Ainsworth Allan, You are looking at about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive from Scarborough, depending on speeds, maybe longer at peak times. One consolation is the vicinity of Rogerthorpe to the A1, which can be accessed from the A64 at York. Regards Lee
Admin  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2002 14:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Thanks to all responders, especially those who suggested sites where I could insert a postcode to find a map. If I'd got the addresses at either end, I would have done so and not troubled anyone!! Hopefully I'll see some of you at the Yorkshire Branch meeting. Allan