Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2002 11:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Richardson
Could anybody tell me the definition of "use", or where I can find it, in context of use of solvent in prescibed coating processes under IPPC. I have looked in the regulations covering prescribed coating processes, under definitions, but no joy.
If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Dave
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2002 08:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By steve williamson
Hi Dave,

I think you'll struggle to get a definition but as a rule of thumb something is either in storage in a properly set up store separate from the shop floor or, if issued from the store is deemed to be in use. This applies whether it's sat on a bench top or actively being worked with. Hope this is helpful.

Steve
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2002 07:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Adrian Watson
Dear Dave,

Where a meaning is not prescribed in law, the ordinary meaning is used. The courts normally use OED, but other dictionaries are also used.

Regards.

Adrian Watson
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 September 2002 10:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martyn Hendrie
There is a definition of "use" in the interpretation (Reg 2) of "The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998" that may help.

Martyn