Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2002 17:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Harry
Message first posted in May 2002 - update

'I was told yesterday ..... by an IT consultant ... that VDUs should be replaced after 3 years because the radiation levels start to increase and thus increase the risk to operators. I haven't heard this before and was hoping someone could advise, or at least tell me where I can get further information?'

Despite a number of requests the 'IT Consultant' has still not been able to come up with his source - you can draw your own conclusions!

Geoff
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2002 11:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan
Geoff

The National Radiological Protection Board published a report “Health Effects Related to the Use of Visual Display Units: Report of an Advisory Group on Non-Ionising Radiation
Electromagnetic Fields and the Risk of Cancer: Supplementary Report by the Advisory Group on Non-Ionising Radiation”
and supplementary material on their website. Check their website http://www.nrpb.org/ or the link below;

http://search.atomz.com/...10019677&sp-f=iso-8859-1

Ciaran
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2002 11:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Bullough
The "advice" of the IT consultant resembles that in the thread raised by Geoff Burt in this forum on 10.5.02. Although it is no longer a live thread, his message and the various responses received can be seen by using the "Search" facility. Simply type in "VDU" as the keyword in order to look at them and those of various other threads concerning VDUs.