Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2002 20:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Roddis
Has anyone followed up on the recent announcement that H&S NVQ level 5 is now being launched for practitioners working at board level.
Does anyone know of any organisations that will be offering this, what sort of prices and what is involved.
I have D32/33 and have experience as an assessor for levels 3 and 4 and so am aware of H&S NVQ's at this level.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2002 07:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve
Peter,

I have recently followed up on the NVQ5 route, but at present I dont know if it will be of any advantage to myself at this time.

If you would like further details please contact the company I have been in touch with who will be able to give you costs etc.

services@sas-ltd.co.uk

Steve
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2002 11:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall
Safety Advisory Services Limited is an accredited training provider to deliver NVQ's in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.

At this point in time the company is awaiting a rubber stamp of these new standards for Level 5 from City and Guilds. It may be later on this year before this happens. Then we can deliver this programme.

I know that the NTO has spent alot of time on the development of these standards. It is also apparent the other bodies, including IOSH, are keen to get this up and running.

Level 5 has 9 Mandatory Units followed by 3 additional Units from a choice of 10.
We can provide potential candidates with the breakdown of these Units on application but we do not have costs right now.

What is important is that Centres have Assessors that are qualified to assess Level 5. At this point in time our Centre is able to manage the Level 5 Qualification as we are equippped with such resources. The verification process should be carefully monitored to ensure that Centres are working to the same standards.

City and Guilds should shortly be able to provide a list of Centres that can also offer this qualification.

IOSH are also very familiar with this NVQ, and indeed the British Safety Council has printed an excellent article in the September 2002 edition of Safety Management (pages 12 to 14).

Nebosh too are keen in this involvement as the NVQ system is an ideal way of furthering a persons development after the Nebosh Certificate (if Diplomas 1 and 2 are not an option to individuals).

Specilaist advice may also be available from Rospa.