Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2002 12:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Hufton Are there any formal courses/qualifications specifically for occupational health at similar level to the NEBOSH general certificate?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2002 13:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith Have a look at the IOSH Managing Safety Course on http://www.iosh.co.uk/in...training.managing_safely
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 November 2002 13:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams I was under the impression that to be an occupational health practitioner you had to be a qualified nurse (RGN) and studied the occupational health diploma? Ashley
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 November 2002 14:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith Ashley, I apologise, in my haste I did not read the question properly. I assumed it was Occupational Health and Safety.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 November 2002 16:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Stuart Person needs to be a Registered General Nurse with a BSc in OH. The RCN provide a prospectus, list of training providers etc.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 10 November 2002 19:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By janette shaw Stuart, Did you intend to just add some more occ health study/more knowledge on an occ health area of concern or become an occ health nurse? If its just more info can I suggest the British institute of Occupational Health certificate. There is about 6-8 1-week courses with a negatively marked exam at the end of each week. I have completed the physical agents, measurement of hazardous substances and general module & have found all 3 to be highly informative & practical & much more in depth than the NEBOSH diploma occ health areas. They also do courses on noise, asbestos etc. Cameon (based in chester) & the university of Portsmouth do these courses. - try website www.bioh.org for more info.