Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2002 22:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By allan wood whilst doing my weekly safety inspection reports i have brought to the attention of my superiors that the health and safety law poster is not on display in our site cabin. my managers reply has been that it is not compulsory to display it here as it will be on display elswhere on site.but there are certain areas we are not allowed to enter i.e offices workshops.any advice off anyone would be appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2002 08:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Provision of poster or leaflet 4.—(1) An employer shall, in relation to each of his employees- (a) ensure that the approved poster is kept displayed in a readable condition- (i) at a place which is reasonably accessible to the employee while he is at work, and (ii) in such a position in that place as to be easily seen and read by that employee; or (b) give to the employee the approved leaflet.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2002 08:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack Alan, not quite sure what you mean by 'certain areas we are not allowed to enter i.e offices workshops'. Who is not allowed to? You when carying out your inspection? Employees? The bottom line is, is the poster reasonably accessible to employees at present?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2002 08:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor If you mean that your employer has told you that there are certain areas that you must not inspect, I suggest that you ensure that this is committed to writing (at least by yourself in a reply to your employer) and safely filed.