Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 December 2002 07:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Darren Green Can anyone remember any specific cases where line management have been prosecuted personally by the HSE, I have been on the HSE prosecution site to no avail, so if any of you with better memories than me can help I would appreciate it.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2002 11:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott Darren, Try looking at the case involving Harvestime/Fresha Bakeries, where two engineers were killed entering an oven still hot and got baked to death! I think you will find that the Chief Engineer was prosecuted and fined under S7 of the HASAW Act. I am sure that there are many others and I find the BSC 'Safety Management' magazine generally a good source for court reporting. Hope this helps. Dave