Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2003 15:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Malcolm Hogarth Has anyone been involved in the monitoring of speed of external site traffic in a factory environment? We have a speed limit on the site and want to set up a system to record excesses. I have seen something at a safety exhibition in the past that would suit but cannot recall any details other than that it was a portable speed check type set up.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2003 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Bruce Malcolm, Why not consider encouraging all employees to report any witnessed incidents of speeding or dangerous vehicle movements on your sites near miss forms or accident forms. Obviously you would have to sort the wheat from the chaff as you could imagine that some individuals would consider this a good way of giving people they didn't like a hard time (the safety officer or boss perhaps)! I did a similar thing at my last place of employment, the reporting was patchy, but we did eventually draw some trends that identified one particular delivery driver who was "re-trained"!