Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2003 15:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Youel
Further to a number of accidents re the use of LPG as fuel for vans etc I am asking for information about other accidents re this area.

The cause of the latest accident was a blow-back through the valve on the vehicle as an employee was attempting to fill up.

Additionally I am giving a warning that safety goggles and / or safety spectacles are not sufficient protection should a person get their face in contact with the cold gas. In our case the proper systems are in place and are being managed therefore the man was not to badly injured al;though the gas passed through his clothing and burn his skin.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 February 2003 22:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Tooth
There is a wealth of experience with LPG as vehicle fuel in Hong Kong. All/most taxis are LPG fuelled. Try contacting Martin Wong on mwcel@hutchcity.com
Martin was previously Senior Engineer in relevant dept. of HK Government - I am sure he can help.
British Compressed Gases Association also maintain CoP's & a data base for safety/gases.
Hope this helps.
David Tooth
01252 723816