Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2003 12:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Amy Upton Does anybody have any books that they are willing to part with for the NEBOSH certificate course Ideally loking for principles of Health & Safety by Alan St John Holt
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2003 12:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker Amy, I doubt you will get anone to part with their copy of "Principles". Personally, mine is a speculative investment. A new one is not that expensive and it has recently been updated. With the free stuff from HSE site plus this one book, you shouldn't need anything else.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2003 15:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brigitte Pacheco Amy Have you contacted your local library. They often have a copy which you can take out and renew several times regards brigitte
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 March 2003 10:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Pope I am a lecturer on the course and have just recieved a copy of Phil Hughes & ed Ferrett's new book which has just come out and is set out to suit the new syllabus. isbn 0-7506-5730-8. I don't know the cost but the book is exceptional quality - if you can get a look at one you will not find it too difficult to part with the cash ! - it will really help you to pass the exam - good success with your studies
Admin  
#5 Posted : 03 March 2003 10:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Aj Saunders Yes the Allen St John Holt Principles book is an excellent buy, and very informative, especially fot hose currently sitting the NEBOSH Certificate course. Now it may just be me....but when i sat mine i found the course notes and the Principles book to be identical in text for the vast majority of notes.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 03 March 2003 14:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt I sincerely hope you're joking! There is no copyright waiver on 'Principles' unless I give it personally. And we (IOSH and I) follow up any such reports. Once we found a consultancy was photocopying the whole book, even though it would have been cheaper to buy extra copies! In fact, I usually give the OK for the odd Section if there is a reason for copying it - but remember one of the reasons the price has remained unchanged since 1991 is to make it cheap enough for almost everyone, and also to make copying not cost-effective. Allan
Admin  
#7 Posted : 03 March 2003 15:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Aj Saunders No im afraid not. The lecturer at the time certainly pushed us to go and buy the book, which the majority of us did in fact do. Upon comparing both side by side the contents of each where very similar. In fact some sections were verbatim. I still have the original course notes, and the book of course. Im not saying the entire contents were the same, but a large part of it was. If you need any further info i would be happy to help. Rgds Aj Saunders