Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2003 20:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Jenns Has anybody heard of such a thing???
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2003 10:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Paul Haven't heard of such a phrase associated directly with CDM, nor is it a specific requirement of hospitals but it may relate to an individual's construction H & S 'ticket'. Only a guess
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2003 10:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster "Competence" is not a word I associate with the design of hospital projects!!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 March 2003 23:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Patrick Teyhan Paul, whilst supporting our colleagues "H&S Ticket" theory, I would suggest that it is an interpretation of the CDM regs for a satisfactory auditable report on how the contractor has conducted himself in the past by means of his safety records, ie that they are capable of working in a safe manner and not having serious accidents / fatalities or appeared in court in breach on / for every job they have worked on. This may also have something to do with the client having to be competent themselves in taking on a competent contractor. Takes one to know one. Alternatively it may be a stipulation in one of the NHS Governance criterion requirements? Have you ever seen such a document? It is truely breathtaking! This could also be concerned with the procurement process of buying in safety. Establishing competence in order to be put on the tender list. It would all depend from which aspect you are approaching this subject i.e. from the contractors side or the NHS side. Hospital Building! In this day and age! Tell me more. Drop me a line with a telephone number and we can discuss this matter further. Regards