Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2003 13:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe Ridley Hi there, I work for a leisure company that manages eight facilities, a mixture of wet and dry facilities and I have been given a remit for health and safety. I have just started to collate accident reports and have this question - As most of our accidents involve members of the public, do we still have to report under RIDDOR, when parents have informed the person administering first aid that they are taking their child to hospital to be checked out? Thanks Joe
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2003 14:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Charles New Under RIDDOR if there is an accident connected with your work/undertaking and a member of the public is killed or taken to hospital you must notify the enforcing authority without delay (eg by phone)and follow this up with a completed accident report form F2508.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2003 15:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Dean If you require any further guidance try the RIDDOR website. You can also fill out an online F2508, which make life a tad easier. www.riddor.gov.uk. Hope this helps! Simon
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2003 19:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie See my response to "RIDDOR" on 10/3/03 Laurie
Admin  
#5 Posted : 04 April 2003 17:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Update for Charles If you submit a report using the HSE's RIDDOR reporting phoneline, you are NOT required to follow up with an F2508. This will be completed for you by the operator, who then faxes a copy back to you for your records. John