Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2003 11:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Can anyone recommend a distance learning supplier for the National Certificate Course Thanks Geoff
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2003 11:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hilary Charlton Hi Geoff I did mine through ACT Associates Ltd, Victoria House, 32 Lower High Street, Stourbridge, West Mids. Telephone: 01384 447915 or e-mail actsales@actassociates.co.uk. The coursework was actually written by the University of Portsmouth and was very clear and easy to follow. Good luck. Hilary
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 April 2003 11:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Thanks Hilary, although I hasten to add - it's not for me! Geoff
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 April 2003 17:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Dean Geoff, Buy, beg or steal yourself a copy of the Principles of Health and Safety at Work (Sixth Edition) by Allan St John Holt. If you are doing the first NEBOSH cert, this will give you pretty much all the info you need to pass. Also get yourself some previous question papers from NEBOSH, these are very helpful when studying for the exam....and you do find that the same questions do tend to reappear in one form or another. Hope this Helps. (it did me!) Simon
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 April 2003 09:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young Hi Geoff, RRC has been spoken of a few times in my circle and the quality of documentation appears good. Ron
Admin  
#6 Posted : 12 April 2003 12:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould rcc is probably the best but expensive. try l;ocal colleges these are a lot cheaper. mine cost 200 pounds. dip 1 cost 1100 pounds at bolton. rcc charge 2000 but provide excellent paperwork and support.