Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2003 15:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Elliott I have been tasked with compiling a risk assessment for staff (mainly cleaners) who have the potential to come into contact with biological agents such as contaminated human body fuids, excretion/secretion etc. Has anyone carried out a similar exercise or have any useful information? We already have what I would call 'basic' controls in place e.g. appropriate disinfectants/cleaners, awareness training, PPE etc, but I am mindful that I may have missed something.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2003 09:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott Paul, What line of business are you in mate!Depending on this might make a difference.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2003 14:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Hurst Hi If anyone has any info on this then I'd be most interested too.I'm a health and safety officer for a local authority and I've just been asked to look at risk assessments for the cleaning of public conveniences. If there is a source of good info out there that could be beneficial I would be most grateful if you could point me in its direction. Cheers David
Admin  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2003 16:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion Have had to complete COSHH assessments for biological agents and provide the following. The assessment is to incude hazardous properties information, circumstances where exposure is likely, effect of preventative measures, approved classification of the biological agent - this may need further input if higher leveels of catergorisation. Ensuring that the control measures are in place, monitored and supervised. Make sure that suitable hygiene measures are approved, in place, available and practiced. Providing information, instrucion and training on ALL issues prior to work with on-going refresher training. Jeff Manion, MIOSH, RSP, MIIRS, MRSH, MaPS, MIHPE< SpDipEm. www.groveservices.co.uk