Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2003 09:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen Hi, I am currently investigating an accident at work and I am looking for relevant case law which it could relate to. Does any body know where I can gain access to this type of information on the web?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2003 09:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lorna Morris Helen You don't say which field you're in but I've found a good site for social & health care. It has comprehensive information about cases. www.schwehrcare.co.uk There's also the HSE prosecution page but I don't find it easy to find things in that. Hope you find what you're looking for. Lorna
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2003 09:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen Sorry, I work in a manufacturing environment, but the accident was not related to machinery usage. i also agree that the HSE prosecution page can be difficult to filter down to relevant areas.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 April 2003 11:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Thomason Helen, Are you able to give a few details? It might help people to point you in the right direction, and some people might have experience of something similar. Diane
Admin  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2003 12:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Admin  
#6 Posted : 30 April 2003 12:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Burrows Helen - as you have no doubt found finding free information isn't easy. I would suggest finding relevant cases in all the usual texts - if you have access 'the Encyclopaedia of Health and Safety at Work Law and Practice' published by Sweet and Maxwell has a good caselaw index. If you know which cases you want a summary of you could visit the subscription service offered by Lawtel and use thier generous 'free trial' facility. www.lawtel2002.com Hope this helps Nigel Burrows
Admin  
#7 Posted : 30 April 2003 12:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen details are as follows: employee went on an unauthorised fag break, exited the building towards a loading bay area. (this is however also a smoking area, but that area is sectioned off for no parking). a car belonging to a contractor was parked in this area loading up their vehicle with the boot open. the employee did not see this, turned and walked into the boot lid causing their glasses to break and scratch their nose. the employee is also claiming to be suffering from concussion. Hope this can help.