Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2003 13:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Granger
A very good friend of mine (so good we got married!) has asked me for safety protocols and procedures relating to human tissue as they wish to upgrade their risk management documentation.

This is a very sensitive area of work within a charitable organisation which is fully licensed etc

If anyone can help or e-mail references I would be grateful as this is outside my competence!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2003 08:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Overbury
Steve

Would you like to email further details? I dispose of our clinical waste and I liaise closely with our Biological Safety Officer.

Tony
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2003 08:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt
This is outside my area, too, but some immediate questions spring to mind

Is this tissue alive or otherwise?
Is it healthy or otherwise?
Are there any issues relating to the means of storage ? (e.g. liquid nitrogen - and this issue is in my area of expertise)
Is there a security issue?

and so on - before the project area is reasonably well defined you may get given a lot of red herrings.

Jane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 19 May 2003 11:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Thomason
I am a Biological Safety Officer at a University that has links to a large NHS Trust. Some of our departments transport and store human tissue. If you still need help, email me with some details, and I'll see what I can do.
Regards
Diane Thomason