Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 May 2003 09:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By RL Michel I am looking for a training for employees using our pedestrian-controlled lift trucks. Not a legal requirement but some of them asked me for advice. Any contact/advice about how to organise a practical training and who can give me the necessary information? I am not really interested about doing it myself after reading books ...
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 May 2003 10:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter RL Have you tried talking to the equipment manufacturer? Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 16 May 2003 11:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin Day Use same principles as for FLT training. Ensure operators are aware of not placing themselves between the 'lift truck' and immovable objects when manouvering in tight places. Kevin
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2003 13:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Carl Wignell You may find the following web site useful. http://www.3ttt.info Regards.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 16 May 2003 14:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By stephen j mills Look at 'Rider-operated lift trucks:Operator training' (L117 Approved Code of Practice and Guidance). Under the guidance section, paragraph 22 states 'Operators of types of lift truck not covered by this guidance will also need training. In some cases, for instance pedestrian/rider-operated pallet trucks, this may follow a similar approach, but in others, such as straddle carriers, a very different training programme will be needed.Training organisations involved in lift truck training should be able to advise on suitable training, but employers will need to take account of the advice on instructor selection contained in the guidance' etc. I suggest that you contact your usual provider for lift truck training and get them to set up a suitable course for your needs. Regards, Steve