Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2003 17:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wynn Just as a matter of interest, we are currently covering sections 2-9 of the act at college. I realise section 5 has been repealed as the Environmental Protection act is now in force but does abnybody know what the section actually said, I would be most interested to seee a copy if anyone has it. Thanks, Dave.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2003 20:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mr Chris Sorry mate, but you really need to get out more.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2003 21:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Dave, At the risk of being told I need to get out more I have quoted below the first paragraph of section 5 of HASAWA. 'It shall be the duty of the person having control of any premises of a class prescribed for the purposes of section 1(1)d to us the best practicable means for preventing the emissions into the atmosphere from the premises of noxious or offensive substances and for rendering harmless and inoffensive such substances as may be so emitted'. This was the general duty placed upon persons in control of premises. Regrads, Paul Craythorne
Admin  
#4 Posted : 29 May 2003 21:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michael Miller Well isn't that typical. That remark had to come from someone who already has the diploma and (I'm alright Jack!) I am also studying sec 2-9 and the answer you were given is correct. However hear the version I was given to study. Those in control of none domestic premises SHALL use the best practicable means for preventing the emissions into the atmosphere from the premises of noxious or offensive substances, and to render harmless those that may be emitted. Hope this is helpful and good luck.